Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sheriff Steve Sparrow to Seek Reelection


It comes as no surprise that Steve Sparrow will be seeking reelection as sheriff. Barring some significant event involving Sheriff Sparrow I would believe that he will win reelection handily.  I know that anyone contemplating challenging Sparrow will not agree with me but you must face reality.  During this past term there has not been any controversy involving the sheriff's office.

 I have heard rumors of a couple of other possible candidates for the office but nobody has come forth, to my knowledge, and said that he/she was going to run for the office of sheriff.  If Sparrow were to have more than one challenger, it would be more difficult to unseat him.

As I said, prospective candidates for offices should be testing the waters pretty soon with the filing deadlines just a few short months away.