Thursday, September 16, 2010

NEW INFORMATION ABOUT OLDHAMCOUNTY ATTORNEY CANDIDATE JOHN CARTER

I have recently been provided a copy of a memorandum written by an Oldham County Deputy Sheriff in which he details an incident that he responded to. It is to be noted that the deputy prepared this memorandum fifteen months after the incident happened and it apparently is the only record of the incident. The subject of the incident was John Carter who is the Republican candidate for Oldham County Attorney.

In the memrandum the deputy states that John Carter was shooting at a trarget in his back yard and in doing so fired several rounds of ammunition that struck a neighbor's home. Carter and the neighbor came to an agreement whereby Carter would pay for the damages. Thus, no charges were filed against Carter. The deputy also stated that a bottle of wine was found with a gun in Carter's back yard.

This evening I had an opportunity to speak to John Carter about this incident and I asked him if it were true. He responded that he would respond as George Washington did when asked if he had chopped down a cherry tree. Carter stated,"I cannot tell a lie; it is true". He went on to say that he was not consuming alcohol at the time of the incident but he did not offer an explanation for the presence of the wine.

I offered Carter an opportunity to provide me with a written response which I said I would post on this site. He responded that he didn't feel that he could say anything else. He did state that he would provide a letter to me from his neighbor in which the neighbor states that she will support his candidacy for County Attorney. I told him that I would publish the letter when I receive it. Meanwhile, as I told Mr. Carter, I have posted the deputy's memorandum on this site. You can read the memorandum in its entirety by clicking here. You can then be your own judge regarding the incident.