Saturday, October 2, 2010

IS GERNSTEIN SUGGESTING THAT WE NEED A COUNTY DRESS CODE

Not being Catholic I have never paid much attention to people in offices who all appear to be dressing in unison.  As a matter of fact, having been in the military and in the United States Border Patrol I became accustomed to seeing people dressed alike.  However, some people must not like to see people dressed alike - especially in a business setting.  My only concern would be if I were an employee of the office.  If I were being told to wear a uniform, I would expect my employer to purchase my clothing for me.  After all, the clothing probably would not be something that I would wear otherwise.  Also, some people like to wear a particular style of clothing that is becoming to them and most uniforms do not flattler a person.

That said, I have not noticed that the work product of the County Clerk's office has been affected by the uniform dress code that is apparently in existence.  I have heard that some of the employees are not thrilled by having to wear clothing that is similar to all of the other employees.

Now as to the physical aspects of the employees, I would not dare go there.  I learned a long time ago that the best thing to say about a woman is that she looks nice.  I will leave it at that.